This week in English year one have been looking at verbal and written instructions. We have followed instructions and written our own on ‘How to Make a Windpipe’.
How to Make a Windpipe
You will need:
- 5 Plastic straws
- A pair of scissors
- Sticky tape
- A pencil
- First, carefully cut the straws to different lengths so they create a different sound.
2. Then accurately sequence the straws from shortest to longest.
3. After, carefully cut a piece of sticky tape the same length as your pencil so you have enough to fit around all 5 straws.
4. Next, lay the tape on the table with the sticky side up and precisely stick the straws onto the tape with the top of straws in a straight line.
5. Finally fasten the straws securely with sticky tape.
Now enjoy the sweet, soft sound of the windpipes!
We thoroughly enjoyed making the windpipes and playing them too! Well done year one you did a fabulous job. If you would like to practise your instruction writing skills or develop your sequencing skills head over to Moodle where there is an exciting, interactive activity!